Here’s a list of all our current WiTech Chapters all around the globe!
- New York
Mission of WiTech Chapters:
- Access our database of women in tech interviewees from our blog & learn about their stories
- Get connected to the featured women & invite them to speak to your chapter in-person or via video call
- Receive guidance from WiTech Main in planning your own WiTCon (Women in Tech Conference)
- Consult our database of speakers, checklists of what needs to be done to plan a conference, etc.
- Access curated WiTech modules for Intro to CS, CS for Education, STEM Careers, etc.
- Bring modules to your chapter meetings & host scheduled workshops with your members – within your school or area!
- Contact schools within your community that DON’T have access to tech resources & host a Wi-Teach (Women in Tech Teach) program
Events Your Chapter can Host:
Chapter Talks, WiTCon (Women in Tech Conference), WiTeach (Women in Tech Teach)
Chapter Talks in 3 Steps:
1. Look for Speakers
- Using our connections to women in tech from around the world, we can help you find the right speaker/s
- Want someone to talk about AI or Biotech? Someone to share experiences working at a big company? We got you covered!
2. Invite an Audience
- Promote the talk to members of your chapter or let us know if you want publicity materials made
- We’ll help you create public social media accounts to promote your event
3. Get Inspired
- Learn from the speaker, give us feedback on how the event went, and look towards planning the next one!
- We can share pics & updates that you post within the chapter expansion community
WiTCon in 3 Steps:
1. Request for a Checklist
- Email WiTech Main or your assigned chapter coordinator for a detailed checklist on steps needed to host a WiTCon
- Don’t worry, you can ask for the checklist before committing to the event
2. Send Updates/ Questions
- During the planning process, update us and your chapter expansion coordinator
- Know that we are always here to answer any questions
3. Celebrate Women in Tech
- Hear the stories of amazing women & break the stereotypes of what it means to work in tech
- Share documentations of the event with us and the chapter expansion group network!
Wi-Teach in 3 Steps:
1. Find a School/ Community
- You can implement WiTech’s curated modules in your own school, or any that has little to no access to tech education
- We’re talking about a lack of Microsoft Office skills and/or programming curriculum
2. Create Schedule + Receive Modules
- Once you’ve sent us a schedule (we have samples upon request), we’ll forward the modules & you can begin planning the logistics (where, when, etc.) of your program
- The program can be as long/short as needed!
3. Implement a Program
- Visit the community, document, and share updates with the chapter expansion network
- Let us know what worked, what didn’t, and how our modules can be improved
- We’re always here to help!